There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
This course is designed for instructors and educators in high-risk fields, such as law enforcement, Fire, Rescue, Emergency Medical Services, etc. It covers advanced education and training techniques and methods specifically applicable to critical skills disciplines where training may include firearms, tactics, emergency medical skills, firefighting, high risk rescue, etc.
· Role of the Critical Skills Instructor
· Ethics of Critical Skills Training
· Credibility and Personality
· Risk Management for Critical Skills Training
· Training Preparation
· Classroom/Lecture Presentation Skills
· Difficult Students
· Practical Skills Presentation Techniques
· Performance vs. Outcome-Based Standards
· Testing and Assessment
· Records and Reports
· Training Tools and Technology, Video Analysis
· Curriculum and Lesson Plan Development
Expectations and Outcomes
Students will complete the course with an increased awareness of training risk management and methods of safely presenting skills and materials that are inherently hazardous. They will also learn effective methods of teaching critical skills to adult students in ways that will lead to higher levels of information retention and skill performance.
Instructor Training Courses, LEO / MIL / SEC Courses, Tactical Casualty Care (TCCC / TECC)