There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
Refuse To Be A Victim® was developed by the National Rifle Association in 1993 in response to nationwide requests for crime prevention seminars. Members of the law enforcement community across the country have endorsed the program. The program is appropriate for teenagers and up. With more than two thousand instructors, seminars have been held in 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, and Trinidad and Tobago. Tens of thousands of men and women have benefited from the program and its life saving message.
Some of the topics discussed will be:
- The Psychology of the Criminal Mind
- Know what criminals look for in a victim
- Creating a Safe Room & Home Protection Plan
- Situational Awareness and Avoidance Techniques
- Internet and Cyber Safety
- Home & Phone Security
- Carjack Avoidance Techniques
- Automobile & Travel Security
- Personal & Technological Security
- Use of various Personal Safety Devices (Tasers, Stun guns, Batons, Pepper Spray)
- Self-Defense Tools and more!
- Home Invasions and Burglary
- Interacting with the Police
- What to do if you do become a Victim
- How to stop Sliders in their tracks
- Criminal use of Bump Keys and Prevention
- Security Window Film
- The 6 second garage door break-in and how to prevent it.
- Malls & Parking Garages safety concerns
- Layers of Defense and making your home a hard target.
- Mental Preparedness & Controlling Fear
- Lighting, Alarms, Dead Bolts, Windows and more
- Rape Statistics and Prevention
- Banking & ATM Scams
- Cyber fraud & Electronic Theft
- Cyber-stalking & Cyber-bullying
- Workplace & Personal Security
- Local Crime Statistics and much more.
Advanced, Basic, Intermediate, NRA Courses, Seminars / Lectures