There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
This 4-hour course includes classroom instruction on legal issues for gun owners. We will take you step-by-step in selection, safety, storage, and fundamental use of a handgun. This course is designed for students who have recently purchased a firearm and want to learn about it, or are considering if a handgun would be a good fit for their personal situation. This class is a must for the first time or new shooter. Bring your firearm, the course includes range time and targets. 50 rounds of ammunition and a modern firearm in good working condition is required.
If you do not have a firearm please reach out to us at Double Tap: (814)5151122
We have a limited supply available for use in the class.
- Universal Safety Rules
- how firearms work
- loading and unloading
- fundamentals of shooting
- Live fire drills to include two handed shooting, one handed shooting,shooting multiple rounds and shooting multiple targets
- legal issues including stand your ground laws, Castle doctrine laws, using force in self-defense, concealed carry permits and best practices
Expectations and Outcomes
At the conclusion of this 5-hour course you will feel safe, comfortable, and confident with your handgun.
You will have shot 50 rounds in a variety of situations and have a better understanding of your personal skill.
This $99 course is being partially sponsored by the Greensburg Sportmens Association.
Basic, CCW, Seminars / Lectures
- Must be a Pennsylvania resident
- Must be legally allowed to handle a firearm
- 18 and over, or 14- 17 with paid parent enrollment
- Double Tap Range Waiver; link on shootingclasses page or facebook
The instructor requires a copy of your driver's license once you register.
- A pistol or revolver in good working condition
- 50 rounds of ammunition for the pistol, factory-new ammunition only; reloads are not permitted
- Large caliber revolvers not encouraged
- Hearing and eye protection required throughout training
- Loaner guns not available, however family members may share a gun
- Appropriate clothing for an outdoor range. NO flip flops, open-toed shoes or low-cut tops. No dresses or skirts.