Advanced Concealed Carry
Intermediate - Next step after receiving your concealed carry permit.
Duration: 4 hour range time
There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
Advanced Concealed Carry classes will be held entirely on the live range, not the classroom. Students attending the training classes will be properly instructed on intermediate and advanced pistol shooting techniques.
Students must have a defensive firearm, safe and quality holster, and additional magazines or speed loaders. Please also see for additional gear requirements.
- Holster draw and fire with live ammunition
- Multiple Targets.
- Rapid target identification & acquisition.
- Multiple Reloading techniques.
- Malfunction drills.
- Voice commands.
- Point Shooting, also known as threat focused shooting.
- Stress Inoculation.
- The basics of movement while shooting.
Expectations and Outcomes
You will receive a certificate at the end of the class. Students often walk away excited and enthused about being much more comfortable with their gun. Confidence is gained, as real life scenarios play out, instead of static shooting in a booth.
Advanced, Intermediate, CCW, Scenario Based Training
Students will need a Drivers License, FOID, and Concealed Carry License. Exceptions to not having a CCL may be made at the discretion of the instructor. This would be handled ahead of the class.
The instructor requires a copy of your Government Issued ID once you register.
Students will need:
- Defensive Pistol. Please no target or competition pistols. If you’re afraid to break it, don’t bring it.
- Quality holster. Outside the waistband preferred. Please no soft nylon, cloth or suede holsters. Alpha Koncepts recommends quality Kydex or firm Leather holsters for safety reasons.
- Sturdy belt. Do yourself a favor, if you are going to carry a gun, buy a good gun belt.
- Not less than 200-300 rounds of ammunition per phase. A 2-phase class would require 400-600 rounds.
- Not less than 3 additional Magazines or 4 Speed Loaders. A magazine pouch is highly recommended.
- Proper personal protection (Eyes and Ears, etc…)