There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
The NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting is intended for all individuals regardless of previous shooting experience or NRA-affiliation. It can be administered in two ways:
(1) The traditional, instructor-led course, in which you will receive direct instruction from an NRA-certified instructor from beginning to end.
(2) A self-study or “e-learning module,” which is completed online in your own timeframe, plus a hands-on practical portion conducted in a classroom and shooting range with an instructor.
Firearms training and hands-on practice will be hosted in USSA- United Stated Shooting Academy.
Topics will include the basics of how various types of handguns operate, how to recognize the various types, and the very basics of how to shoot a firearm.
Since I put so much effort into making sure that each student feels like they have the opportunity to ask any question at any time, I only offer this firearms training course to a maximum number of 6 students per class. As a result, they tend to fill up quickly.
I am more than happy to schedule classes for women only as well.
Expectations and Outcomes
By the end of this introduction to shooting handguns, the student will have been exposed to various types of handguns and the basics of how to grip, stand, and shoot.
Basic, NRA Courses
The instructor requires a copy of your driver's license once you register.
- Cased, UNLOADED single or double action revolver or a semiautomatic pistol
- 50 (fifty) rounds of ammunition for the handgun that will be used in class
- Hearing protection, either earplugs or earmuff style
- Ballistic eyewear (Inexpensive and can be found at sporting goods counters)
- Baseball cap or hat
- Appropriate clothing for the weather. (Range is outdoors, and we shoot regardless of weather, safety permitting.)