This course is the state required prerequisite for applying for a new Texas License To Carry (LTC) – formerly Concealed Handgun License (CHL). The course includes classroom coverage of the LTC laws, the required shooting test in our convenient indoor range, and all of the required paperwork. This is a 4-hour training course as required by state law (4 hours does not include time on the range or any breaks we take. It will be between 5 and 6 hours total). This course does NOT teach you how to shoot.
Texas LTC Training Course Fee Includes:
- 4-hour classroom instruction (4 hours does not include time on the range or any breaks we take. It will be between 5 and 6 hours total)
- Range qualification & Range fee
- Indoor Climate-Controlled Range
- B-27 Target
- Certificate of Completion (Form LTC-100)
- USCCA Conealed Carry Non-resident Certificate (example: Virgina CCW)
Required documents, the individual must have on them the day of the course.
State Drivers License, Government Issued Military ID, Passport, State issue concealed carry license
The instructor requires a copy of your driver's license once you register.
A total of 50 shots are fired during the range qualification test. A score of 70% or greater is required to pass, or 175 points out of a possible 250 points.
The target used is a B-27 target, which is a human-shaped silhouette target that measures 45" high and 24" wide. All shooting is from the "ready position" where your firearm is already in a position to fire. If any malfunctions are encountered, the shooter will work through the problem and finish the course of fire. If rounds are held (not fired within the allotted time), the shots will be scored as misses.
• Shots within the 8 ring (red) are 5 points.
• Shots within the 7 ring (blue) and outside the 8 ring (red) are 4 points.
• Shots outside the 7 ring and still on the silhouette are 3 points.
• Shots in the white area are 0 points.
Stage 1: 3 yard line - 20 shots
A. Five shots fired in a “one shot exercise” - 2 seconds allowed for each shot
B. 10 shots fired in a "two shot exercise" - 3 seconds allowed for each 2 shot sequence
C. 5 shots fired in 10 seconds
Stage 2: 7 yard line - 20 shots
A. 5 shots will be fired in 10 seconds
B. 5 shots will be fired in 2 stages:
1. 2 shots will be fired in 4 seconds
2. 3 shots will be fired in 6 seconds
C. Five shots fired in a “one shot exercise” - 3 seconds allowed for each shot
D. 5 shots fired in 15 seconds
Stage 3: 15 yard line - 10 shots
A. 5 shots fired in 2 stages:
1. 2 shots fired in 6 seconds
2. 3 shots fired in 9 seconds
B. 5 shots fired in 15 seconds
There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.