2 day New Mexico CCW training
Intermediate - This is the two day 15 hour training course required by the state of New Mexico to accompany your CCW application.
Duration: 15 hours
This is a two-day, 15-hour course that meets the training requirements for the State of New Mexicos concealed carry application process.
The students are required to successfully complete the entire course to receive their certificate.
This course is both Classroom and range
(1) knowledge of and safe handling of single- and double-action revolvers and
(2) safe storage of handguns and child safety;
(3) safe handgun shooting fundamentals;
(4) live shooting of a handgun on a firing range;
(5) identification of ways to develop and maintain handgun shooting skills;
(6) federal, state and local criminal and civil laws pertaining to the purchase,
ownership, transportation, use and possession of handguns;
(7) techniques for avoiding a criminal attack and how to control a violent confrontation;
(8) techniques for nonviolent dispute resolution
Expectations and Outcomes
The student will follow all safety rules and act in a respectful manner at all times while in class and on the range. The student must demonstrate the ability to safely load, unload, and handle the firearm.
The student must demonstrate proficiency by achieving a score of no less than 72% on the live-fire qualification.
State issued ID
The instructor requires a copy of your driver's license once you register.
- $4.00 range fee to be paid to range operator.
- A minimum of 50 rounds of Factory ammunition for the weapon/s you will be used to qualify. (2 types of weapon would require 50 rounds each.)
- Eye and hearing protection.
- A belt and holster with at least two extra magazine pouches.
- Firearm (handgun) suitable for self-defense. (.32 caliber or larger)
- At least three magazines for a semi-auto pistol and speed loaders or another method to reload revolvers.