This class is designed for students who want to improve their competition handgun skills. The class will focus on techniques to improve draw speed, sight/dot acquisition, target transitions, trigger control, reloads, and one-handed shooting. Special emphasis will be on the use reactive and predictive shooting techniques. If you are looking to improve your match performance this class is for you.
Your Instructor, USPSA Grand Master Keith Garcia, has made a science out of being fast and efficient when it comes to shooting, manipulating, and transitioning among weapons systems in 3-gun competition.
Keith has 30 years experience in law enforcement with 12 years as a SWAT team leader. He has firearms instructor certifications from the FBI, Practical Shooting Academy, and the State of California. He holds a Grand Master classification in USPSA and has been an instructor for over 20 years.
Keith has been a California police officer for 20 years, holding various positions in the department, his favorite being the SWAT team leader. In 2004, Keith started competitive shooting, primarily entering handgun and LEO only SWAT matches. In 2008, he began shooting 3 Gun competitions, and never looked back.
Keith won the first ever "3 Gun Nation" shoot-off at SMM3G in 2010 and repeated in 2011. During the 2012 season he had his first major match victory at the first ever "Pro Series" match in Florida. Keith was pleased to have finished 3rd overall in the Pro Series. Following the Pro Series win, Keith won the 3 Gun National Championship in 2013 and was awarded a $50,000 prize. (Courtesy: Keith Garcia - Hornady Manufacturing, Inc)
- Improving draw speed
- Sight/dot acquisition
- Target transitions
- Trigger control
- One-handed shooting
- Special emphasis will be on the use reactive and predictive shooting techniques
Expectations and Outcomes
Students will receive a certificate of achievement upon successful course completion.
Advanced, Intermediate, CCW, IDPA /USPSA / Multi Gun
Please be prepared to present a valid Ohio Driver License or State ID.
The instructor requires a copy of your Government Issued ID once you register.
- Modern, semi-automatic, defensive pistol
- Holster (OWB, IWB, Appendix) - no shoulder, cross draw, Serpa, or middle-of-back styles
- At least three (3) magazines
- Mag pouch
- Sturdy gun belt - Please understand this is NOT a Sunday-go-to-meeting belt. This is a rugged belt designed to support the weight of a firearm, a holster, and other carry accessories
- Ammo: 500 rounds, minimum. The more ammo you bring, the more you can shoot!! 😎
- ELECTRONIC hearing protection - Students must be able to clearly hear and understand instructors/instructions during this training
- Eye protection
- Appropriate range clothing - No low-cut shirts or open-toed shoes, etc.
- Billed hat or ball cap
- Note taking materials
- Snacks, lunch, and hydration
- A Positive Attitude!! 😊