Many people think that fast, accurate, and effective shooters have some sort of secret sauce that magically provides them with their phenomenal firearm skills. Well, news flash - There is no secret sauce and no new and improved method to ensure that your rounds will be effective and fast.
Whether they are speed or competition shooters, law enforcement, military, or simply awesome average Joes or Janes, effective shooters have one thing in common – They have mastered the foundations of shooting and are able to apply them consistently, effectively, and quickly.
Ask yourself - Are you prepared to use your firearm properly and effectively in a defensive situation?? If you're not sure, how can you find out BEFORE your skills are called into question?? You can begin by attending this Introduction To Defensive Shooting Fundamentals training!!
This particular DSF training will focus on helping you prepare for our Buckeye Blast Fun Shoot event coming up Sunday, March 24th. Buckeye Blast attendees will enjoy a full day of shooting at Tactical Defense Institute, one of America's premier firearm training facilities, along with their friends from Buckeye Firearms Foundation and fellow pro-gun supporters. This DSF training will include drills to help you be at your best for the Blast!!
Topics covered in this course will include:
- Safety, Comfort, & Competency Concepts
- Grip, Stance, & Kinesthetic Alignment
- Marksmanship fundamentals
- Balance of Speed & Precision
Expectations and Outcomes
Students will receive a certificate of Completion and will leave better prepared to successfully participate in the Buckeye Firearm Foundation's Buckeye Blast being held
Advanced, Intermediate, USCCA Courses
Please bring a current, unexpired Ohio Driver License or CCW/CHL to class.
The instructor requires a copy of your Government Issued ID once you register.
- Modern defensive pistol
- Holster (OWB, IWB, Appendix) - no shoulder, cross draw, Serpa, or middle-of-back styles
- At least three (3) magazines
- Mag pouch
- Sturdy gun belt - Please understand this is NOT a Sunday-go-to-meeting belt. This is a rugged belt designed to support the weight of a firearm, a holster, and other carry accessories
- Ammo: 250 rounds
- ELECTRONIC hearing protection - Students must be able to clearly hear and understand instructors/instructions during this training
- Eye protection
- Appropriate range clothing - No low-cut shirts or open-toed shoes, etc.
- Billed hat or ball cap
- Lunch, snacks, and hydration