LOW LIGHT DEFENSIVE CARBINE - Hyannis, MA
Basic - LOW LIGHT DEFENSIVE CARBINE - Hyannis, MA
Duration: 9:00am to 5:00pm
|Register Now||July 9 Sunday||
|5 - 13 Students||9:00am to 5:00pm||TBD|
This class is intended for intermediate & advanced level shooters who want to learn the skills to utilize their carbine in a low light – no light defensive shooting situation. Advanced level shooters will find this class to be an excellent review of their existing skills & experience new drills and techniques. This class is intended to instill in students the mindset and skills to allow them to use their carbine as a defensive tool in a deadly force encounter with minimal or zero lighting. Students will come away from this class with a better understanding of their carbine, and a higher level of confidence in their ability to effective operate and wield it.
It is encouraged to run this class with the gear you would normally have in home defense or self defense situation.
Students should know and be able to perform all aspects of safe firearm handing. Students should be familiar with the basics of shooting, loading, unloading and clearing of malfunctions.
Topics for the class will include:
- Safety & Medical Brief
- Range orientation
- Weapon Zeroes
- Gripping the Carbine
- Shooting Positions
- Mechanical Offset
- Close Range Engagements
- Multiple Threats
- Turning & Shooting
- Shooting on the Move
- Low Light and No Light scenarios
Advanced, Basic, Intermediate, Rifle, Specialty Other
- Functional Carbine with quality weapon mounted light (SureFire, Modlite, Cloud Defense, Streamlight, etc) and at least 500 rounds of ammunition, and two point sling.
- At least 4 carbine magazines (more is better), and the ability to carry them on your person.
- Proper eye and ear protection
- Knee pads (Optional, but highly recommended).
- Ready-to-learn attitude.
- Note pad and pen for taking notes.