DEFENSIVE PISTOL - Leesburg, FL
Intermediate - DEFENSIVE PISTOL – COVER & CONCEALMENT / CLOSE QUARTER SKILLS
Duration: 9:00am to 5:00pm
|Register Now||October 14 Saturday||
|6 - 18 Students||9:00am to 5:00pm||TBD|
*CLASS STARTS AT 9:00AM – PLEASE BE THERE NO LATER THAN 8:30AM FOR SET UP AND SAFETY BRIEFING. Please be on time!
The first half of this course is designed to introduce the beginner or intermediate shooter to the art of defensive and tactical pistol shooting using both cover and concealment. Student will work various drills and techniques from behind cover, barricades, concealment and obstacles from various distances.
The second half of the day is designed to aid those individuals who carry concealed or intend to carry concealed and are seeking self defense skills for when their everyday environment gives them spatial challenges.
Close Quarter Defensive Pistol takes the student out of his comfort zone and removes that “safe personal space” we are used to working with.
The student will learn how to draw, manipulate, shoot, and reload with confined spaces and limited distances.
– Range orientation
– Firearms safety
– Warm-up drills
– Ready positions
– Close quarters engagements
– Drawing and re-holstering techniques
– Reloading techniques and malfunction clearance drills
– Search & scan / situational awareness
– Single hand techniques (right and left and transitions)
– Moving and shooting / shooting and moving
– Failure drills
– Presentation & draw techniques
– Turning and shooting
– Cover versus concealment
Advanced, Intermediate, CCW, Specialty Other
All students must bring:
– Semi-automatic pistol of their choice.
– Minimum of 600 rounds of quality ammunition.
– Quality eye and ear protection.
– Four magazines minimum with magazine carriers/pouch, etc.
– Pistol / caliber specific cleaning supplies or kit.
– Sturdy belt and quality holster. Please no flimsy, dangling or cloth holsters, Kydex preferred. (NO ANKLE HOLSTERS, SHOULDER HOLSTERS, SMALL OF THE BACK, FOBUS, UNCLE MIKE’S OR BLACKHAWK ‘SERPA” HOLSTERS.) We recommend Blackpoint Tactical , Dark Star Gear, Black Center Tactical, Safariland, 508 Holsters, Raven Concealment, or G-Code.
– Clothing suitable for training in any kind of weather.
– Notepad and pen for taking notes.
-Kneepads and elbowe pads optional but recommended.
– An open mind, humble, willing to learn attitude!
For more information or questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org