There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
The purpose of this class is to to teach you how to be a Rifleman.
Notes on Participation
Under 18 welcome with participating parent / guardian.
Participation is only open to legal, US Citizens or permanent residents (green card holders) per ITAR (22 CFR §§120-130)
Participation by "prohibited persons" (ie convicted felons) is not permitted.
Notes on Ammunition
AR15 shooters - AVOID Steel cased ammunition.
AK shooters - USE Steel cased ammunition.
Hand loaded ammunition is best left at home.
Notes on gear
* If your rifle/handgun has an "el-cheapo" optic (MSRP of $100 or less), expect that optic to not survive the class. If you do not have backup sights - you will need to bring a spare. Rentals may be available.
* If your rifle/handgun is experiencing mechanical issues (other than feeding issues on steel cased or hand loaded ammo) or other safety issues - your rifle/handgun will be removed from the line. You will need a spare. Rentals may be available.
* If you need to rent a rifle for this class, they are available.
* Please contact us immediately if you need to rent a gun. You will need to make that purchase using the link below and you will need to pass a background check to ensure that you are not a prohibited person.
* If you purchase a ticket + rental and do not submit to a background check, you will not be allowed to shoot and you will NOT receive a refund.
* If you do not pass the background check, there will NOT be a refund.
* If your handgun or rifle goes down or is removed from the line for safety reasons and you do not have a spare, you may rent a handgun or rifle for the remainder of the day. Full day rental fee applies.
Refunds & exchanges:
* Tuition sale is final and is a commitment to train with Patriot Training at the date and time scheduled.
* In the unlikely event we have to cancel a class, refunds and exchanges will be offered.
* We do not offer refunds or transfers to students who cancel or fail to show up for class.
* This policy is firm and there will be no exceptions.
Marksmanship: 3 - 300 yards.
Common battle rifle zeroes and implications
Zeroing the rifle
Presentation of the rifle.
How to deal with stoppages
Shooting positions - standing, kneeling, prone, and variations.
There will also be a shooting evaluation.
Basic, Intermediate, Rifle
Required Materials -
* your rifle. Semiautomatic magazine fed battle rifle, such as AR15 & AK47 preferred. Please contact the instructor if you plan to bring a different sort of rifle.
* 2 or more mags. Please feel free to prep mags ahead of class. Please have at least 1 empty mag with you at class time.
* 200 rounds of ammo - same brand / same type.
* no green tip or armor piercing ammo. We will be shooting steel targets.
* notepad & pen
* eye protection & ear protection.
Suggested materials -
* creature comforts. We will be outside much of the day. Sunscreen, bug spray, lawn chairs, food, WATER!