The TEXAS CONCEALED CARRY (LTC) COURSE is the certified Texas Handgun license to carry class designed by the Texas Department of Public Safety, that is required for all license to carry permit holders.
The instructor requires a copy of your driver's license once you register.
What to bring to class:
- Handgun (any caliber)
- 50 Rounds of Factory Ammo (NO RELOADS)
- Hearing Protection (ear plugs or muffs are fine)
- Eye Protection (sunglasses, or any kind of glasses will work)
- Ball cap or any hat with a bill (recommended)
- No open toed shoes
- No low cut shirts
AMMUNITION REQUIREMENTS: 50 rounds of handgun ammunition? is required to pass the range test. If you need to re-shoot the test, another 50 rounds will be needed. We suggest that you bring at least 100 rounds.
Note: We have loner guns available upon request. Please contact PRP Firearms prior to the class to arrange the use of a loner gun.
- The Use of Deadly Force
- Conflict/Dispute Resolution
- Concealed Handgun Law
- Gun Safety and Storage
- Selection of a Concealed Carry Gun
- Legislative Changes
- Handgun Accuracy Training
- Written and Live-fire Exams
Expectations and Outcomes
Upon completion of the Texas LTC Course, the student may apply for his/her license to carry with the State of Texas.
** Students with no prior shooting experience, or who believe themselves incapable of passing the shooting test without coaching should consider taking our BASIC HANDGUN COURSE, or meet with one of our instructors for a private lesson prior to attending the LTC class.