There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
If you carry a firearm for personal protection on a routine basis, this one-of-a-kind course was designed for you. Developed from the ground up to understand the landscape following the Aftermath of a Deadly Force Encounter along with a Stop the Bleed certification.
Course materials are based on months of research with local and regional Law Enforcement and First Responders to provide straight-forward Action & Communication Plan while learning gunshot wound packing, pressure dressing and tourniquet applications.
Aftermath Presentation topics include:
- Identify Emergency Contacts
- Develop an effective Communications Plan
- Design a family Action Plan
- Decide on Post Defense Actions
- Understanding Law Enforcement perceptions
- Defensive Carry Service options
- Tourniquet Familiarization and drills
- Wound Packing and Junction Injury drills
- Pressure Dressing drills
- Discuss Chest Seals & Chest Wounds
- Discuss Interactions with EMS
You'll leave this class with the knowledge and skills needed to navigate an extremely stressful event and learn the skills to possibly save a life as well!
Creating a Communication Plan
Post Defensive Shooting Actions
Perception is Reality
Carry Defensive Services
Intro to Care Under Fire vs. Caualty Preparedness
Tourniquet Familiarization & Drills
Wound Packing and Junction Drills
Chest Seal / Chest Wound
Interactions with EMS
Expectations and Outcomes
At class completion, students will:
- have the tools to create a communications plan with family
- set personal and family member actions
- know what to say and what not to say to first responders
- understand the perceptions of and how to interact with first responders
- have knowledge of legal services available
- be able to apply proper pressure dressings
- know proper wound packing and junction injuries
- be familiar with applying tourniquets
- know when and how to apply chest seals/treat chest wounds
Intermediate, Other, Seminars / Lectures
*** PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE SECTION ***
The second half of this class will play graphic videos showing knife and/or gun shot wounds. Watching them is not required. Notice has been given.
Snacks & drinks will be made available, but you are responsible for your own lunch. You're welcomed to bring your own snacks if you prefer.
Look over our policies by clicking here.
Download a copy of the waiver here.
Minimum of 8 Students required for class to run