The attack on your life was over in less than minute.
Shots were fired, your attacker is down.
Adrenaline is surging, you are alone.
What to do?
Who do you call?
This one of a kind course is designed for anyone who carries a firearm for personal protection on a routine basis. The Aftermath of a Deadly Force Encounter will possibly be the most stressful event in your life. God willing this never happens to you, but if it does you’ll need a plan of action with known support people by your side.
We'll give you the tools to navigate this landscape with a plan and get your support team activated.
After lunch, Carter Williams will detail when, where and how to properly pack a wound, different ways to apply pressure dressings along with different tourniquet application and demo difference between a seal vs. a wound for the chest & abdomen.
Creating a Communication Plan
Post Defensive Shooting Actions
Perception is Reality
Carry Defensive Services
Intro to Care Under Fire vs. Caualty Preparedness
Tourniquet Familiarization & Drills
Wound Packing and Junction Drills
Chest Seal / Chest Wound
Interactions with EMS
Expectations and Outcomes
At class completion, students will:
- have the tools to create a communications plan with family
- set personal and family member actions
- know what to say and what not to say to first responders
- understand the perceptions of and how to interact with first responders
- have knowledge of legal services available
- be able to apply proper pressure dressings
- know proper wound packing and junction injuries
- be familiar with applying tourniquets
- know when and how to apply chest seals/treat chest wounds
*** PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE SECTION ***
The second half of this class will play graphic videos showing knife and/or gun shot wounds. Watching them is not required. Notice has been given.
Snacks & drinks will be made available, but you are responsible for your own lunch. You're welcomed to bring your own snacks if you prefer.
Look over our policies by clicking here.
Download a copy of the waiver here.
Minimum of 8 Students required for class to run