This Private Instruction session is for those who choose not to take a regular training class. This class gets you personalized, 1-on-1 instruction with our shooting coaches to get you the best possible results on the Texas LTC Shooting Proficiency Demonstration test.
- You must schedule this class directly with the Instructor.
- DO NOT REGISTER before contacting the Instructor.
This class may be taught either by SVA Gun Training's Chief Instructor Claudia McCue or by SVA Gun Training Instructor Terry Frazier (sometimes both.)
We encourage you to take our Basic Pistol 1 and Basic Pistol 2 + LTC classes. You get much more instruction time and much more range time for only $20 more. However, we understand some people just don't have time for that so we offer this private, one-on-one instruction session that meets the requirements set out by the Texas Department of Public Safety for the Texas LTC Shooting Proficiency Demonstration.
This session consists of 2 hours of personal instruction, after which you will shoot the Texas LTC Qualification Course of Fire.
This class takes place entirely on the range at East Texas Rifle & Pistol Club.
Note: This class does not guarantee you will be granted a Texas LTC. The License to Carry is granted by the Texas Department of Public Safety and is dependent on you meeting all of their requirements. This class covers only the Shooting Proficiency Demonstration. There are additional classroom requirements which are not part of this class
- Review of fundamentals
- Firearm Safety, safe storage and holster selection
- Safe gun handling
- Basic marksmanship
- Basic malfunction clearance
- Shooting under time pressure
- Shooting accurately at 3-, 7- and 15-yd distances
- Shooting the LTC qual
Expectations and Outcomes
Upon successful completion Student will receive the LTC-100 Proficiency Demonstration form required for applying for the Texas LTC.
- Students must be at least 18 years of age.
- Students are required to present a valid, government-issued photo ID.
- Students must sign a liability and legal waiver.
- Students must complete a New Student Questionnaire to aid in assessing their experience level and identify any limitations or restrictions.
The instructor requires a copy of your Government Issued ID once you register.
- Students must be at least 18 years of age
- Students must present a valid, government-issued photo ID on site.
- Students wishing to use our handgun+ammunition packages must be 21 or older.
- If you are under 21 please contact the Instructor before registering.
- 200 rds minimum (250 rds recommended)
- New, name-brand factory ammunition in mfg box (no reloads)
- Must meet SAAMI specs
- .22LR or greater caliber handgun in good working order
- No modifications which could affect safety
- Firearm subject to inspection and approval by Instructor
- No optics - no red dots, scopes, etc.
- (can be rented from us)
- Ear protection - Over-the-ear muffs preferred. No stereo music ear buds or AirPods. Firearms-rated ear protection only.
- Eye protection (Safety glasses. Prescription eyewear acceptable.)
- Headcovering (baseball cap or other hat with visor)
- Collared shirt. Ladies, no V-necks or brass-catching cleavage please.
- Closed-toe shoes (No sandals, flip-flops or heels).