SC Concealed Weapons Permit - November 2020
Obtaining your South Carolina concealed weapons permit is a significant step towards achieving the goal of taking personal responsibility for the safety of yourself and your loved ones. You owe it to yourself to get the best training you can find.
Duration: 6 hours classroom, 1 hour range qualification.
There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
Because you understand the tremendous responsibility of carrying a concealed weapon, you want the best training you can find. While we also offer the one-stop-shop convenience of range qualification, fingerprinting, and application completion, we allot time for this after the blocks of instruction. This allows you to receive eight full hours of training, covering subjects that few if any other instructors include in their curriculum. At the completion of the course, you will have everything you need to apply for your SC Concealed Weapons Permit.
- Firearms Safety
- Range Qualification
- Mindset & Lifestyle
- Situational Awareness
- De-Escalation Tactics
- Weapon Type & Operation
- Ammunition Function & Terminal Ballistics
- Weapon & Ammunition Selection
- Concealed Carry Methods
- SC Concealed Carry Laws & Legal Considerations
- Civil Liability
- Interaction With Law Enforcement
- Post Shooting Strategy
Expectations and Outcomes
At the completion of the course, you will have everything you need to apply for your SC Concealed Weapons Permit. The complete package is $95. (ninety-five dollars), and covers the classroom portion, testing, fingerprinting, and range qualification. You will also need a $50. (fifty dollar) cashier’s check or money order to submit to SLED with your application, not required the day of the class.
One of the following that establishes SC residence: valid South Carolina driver’s license or an official identification card issued by the Department of Revenue, a federal or state law enforcement agency, an agency of the United States Department of Defense, or the United States Department of State; a voter registration card; or another document that SLED may determine that fulfills this requirement.
- Cased, UNLOADED centerfire double action revolver or semiautomatic pistol (A .38 Special revolver and holster will be available free of charge for qualification for students who have not yet purchased a firearm. You will need to bring 100 rounds of FACTORY LOADED .38 special ammunition for the qualification course if you plan on using this revolver. NO reloads will be allowed for use in this gun.)
- 100 (one hundred) rounds of ammunition for the handgun that will be used in class (If you think you may have trouble qualifying, you might want to bring 150 rounds. This will be enough for 3 attempts.)
- Strong side holster for the handgun to be used in class. (Can be inside the waistband or outside the waistband. No ankle, crossdraw, or shoulder holsters will be allowed.)
- Hearing protection, either earplugs or earmuff style
- Ballistic eyewear (Inexpensive and can be found at sporting goods counters)
- Baseball cap or hat
- Appropriate clothing for the weather. (Range is outdoors, and we shoot regardless of weather, safety permitting.)
- One of the following: valid South Carolina driver’s license or an official identification card issued by the Department of Revenue, a federal or state law enforcement agency, an agency of the United States Department of Defense, or the United States Department of State; a voter registration card; or another document that SLED may determine that fulfills this requirement.
- Proof of actual or corrected vision rated at 20/40 within six months of the date of application or, in the case of a person licensed to operate a motor vehicle in this State, presentation of a valid driver’s license
- A certified check, money order, or business check in the amount of $50.00 (fifty U.S. dollars) payable to SLED