SC Concealed Weapons Permit - October 2021
Obtaining your South Carolina concealed weapons permit is a significant step towards achieving the goal of taking personal responsibility for the safety of yourself and your loved ones. You owe it to yourself to get the best training you can find.
Duration: 6 hours classroom, 2 hour range qualification.
There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
We’ve recently experienced several people registering for the CWP class believing they needed to take it because they had expired permits. By statute, training for the SC CWP only needs to be accomplished for a new permit. If your permit is expired, you DO NOT need to take the class. To renew an expired permit simply complete an application and mail it and a copy of your driver's license to SLED. Expired permits CAN NOT be renewed online.
Because you understand the tremendous responsibility of carrying a concealed weapon, you want the best training you can find. While we also offer the one-stop-shop convenience of range qualification, fingerprinting, and application completion, we allot time for this after the blocks of instruction. This allows you to receive training covering subjects that few if any other instructors include in their curriculum. At the completion of the course, you will have everything you need to apply for your SC Concealed Weapons Permit.
- Firearms Safety
- Range Qualification
- Mindset & Lifestyle
- Situational Awareness
- De-Escalation Tactics
- Weapon Type & Operation
- Ammunition Function & Terminal Ballistics
- Weapon & Ammunition Selection
- Concealed Carry Methods
- SC Concealed Carry Laws & Legal Considerations
- Civil Liability
- Interaction With Law Enforcement
- Post Shooting Strategy
Expectations and Outcomes
At the completion of the course, you will have everything you need to apply for your SC Concealed Weapons Permit. The complete package is $95. (ninety-five dollars), and covers the classroom portion, testing, fingerprinting, and range qualification.
- Cased, UNLOADED centerfire double action revolver or semiautomatic pistol (A .38 Special revolver and holster will be available free of charge for qualification for students who have not yet purchased a firearm. You will need to bring 100 rounds of FACTORY LOADED .38 special ammunition for the qualification course if you plan on using this revolver. NO reloads will be allowed for use in this gun.)
- 50 (fifty) rounds of ammunition for the handgun that will be used in class (If you think you may have trouble qualifying, you might want to bring 75 rounds. This will be enough for 3 attempts.)
- Strong side holster for the handgun to be used in class. (Can be inside the waistband or outside the waistband. No ankle, crossdraw, or shoulder holsters will be allowed.)
- Hearing protection, either earplugs or earmuff style
- Ballistic eyewear (Inexpensive and can be found at sporting goods counters)
- Baseball cap or hat
- Appropriate clothing for the weather. (Range is outdoors, and we shoot regardless of weather, safety permitting.)