GEARED TOWARDS THE POPULAR MODERN SEMI-AUTOMATIC RIFLE OR CARBINE, THIS ENTRY LEVEL COURSE GUIDES THE NEW OWNER OR NEW SHOOTER INTERESTED IN THIS TYPE OF FIREARM THROUGH THE BASICS OF SAFETY, HANDLING, LOADING, UNLOADING, FIRING, AND MAINTENANCE.
Duration: 3 hours classroom - 1 hour range
Type(s): Basic, Rifle
Instructor: Tip of the Spear Training Group - Denver Houck View Bio
Through classroom and range instruction, students will gain necessary skills in a relaxed and supportive environment.
- Please feel free to bring your carbine and ammunition to this course (those that do not have a carbine will incur an extra charge for weapon cleaning and ammo)
- Please wear long pants with pockets, closed toe shoes (no flip flops or sandals), and a crew neck (T-shirt) or button-up shirt (no low-cut neck lines)
Minimum 100 rounds.
- Demonstrate the safe use, handling, and storage of rifles
- Understand how to secure and childproof rifles
- Safely carry a rifle
- Understand the basic operation of rifles
- Understand how to safely handle, store, maintain, and select ammunition
- Understand how to load, shoot, reload, and clear a rifle
- Demonstrate how to clean and lubricate a rifle
- Demonstrate how to properly function check a rifle
- Legal information regarding storage, travel, purchase, etc.
Expectations and Outcomes
Students will receive a course certificate upon successful completion.