NC Concealed Carry Handgun
NC Concealed Carry Pre-licensing Requirement
Duration: 8 hours classroom, plus range time
|Register Now||June 17 Saturday||5 - 12 Students||8:00 AM - 6:00 PM||James Vance|
|Register Now||July 1 Saturday||5 - 12 Students||8:00AM - 6:00PM||Nathan Hale|
Learn the necessary skills and education for concealed carry of a handgun. After taking this course students will walk away with basic knowledge of firearms, state and federal gun laws, as well as defensive thinking, conflict avoidance and defensive handgun techniques.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be qualified to apply for their Concealed Carry Handgun Permit (CCH)
Course includes a state mandated 8 hours of classroom education, plus range time with a firing proficiency test.
8:00 am – 5:00 pm, 1 hour lunch break around 12pm
*Lunch is not provided. Water and coffee will be available throughout the day as well as restroom facilities.
Handgun Types & Fundamentals
Maintaining Your Handgun
Ammunition Types and Selection
The Use of Deadly Force in NC
Defending Yourself and Others
The Aftermath of a Shooting
Expectations and Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, a successful student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the safe handling of a handgun
- Understand the differences in handgun types and ammunitions
- Understand and demonstrate the ability to properly aim and fire a handgun
- Understand and articulate the legal requirements to carry a concealed handgun in NC
- Understand and articulate where and how they are allowed to carry a concealed handgun
- Understand and articulate where they cannot carry a concealed handgun
- Understand and articulate the legal requirements for the use of deadly force
- Understand the recommended steps to take in the aftermath of a self-defense incident
- Demosntrate proficiency with a handgun as meaured by a live-fire marksmanship test (Passing score is 80% or better)
- Demonstrate proficiency with class material as measured by a written examination (Passing score is 80% or better)
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO BE PRESENT FOR THE ENTIRE CLASS, SUCCESSFULLY PASS THE WRITTEN EXAM AND FIREARMS QUALIFICATION WITH 80% OR BETTER IN ORDER TO RECEIVE CERTIFICATION. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN AN INCOMPLETE AND NO CERTIFICATE WILL BE ISSUED.
- Handgun - must be in good working condition and in a defensive caliber (see note 1)
- 50 rounds of ammunition
- Hearing Protection
- Eye Protection
- Closed Toe Shoes
- 22LR handguns are not permitted. Defensive calibers are defined as calibers between .380 Auto - 45 AC
- It is recommended that each student review a weather report the evening before class and dress appropriately.
- Range time is not reduced or canceled for bad weather, unless there is active lightening within 1 mile or threat of trees falling.