There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
This training class is open to anyone not legally prohibited from owning, possessing, or having access to firearms. Participating in and passing this training course does not guarantee you will be issued a Wear and Carry Permit in the state of Maryland, or any other state or jurisdiction. Permit issuance is solely at the discretion of the Maryland State Police. Initial permit training is 16 hours and renewal training is 8 hours and either can be accomplished in this training class,
Wear and Carry Permits may be issued to any adult (18 years of age or over) who meets the following criteria:
- An applicant between 18 and 21 years of age may only be issued a wear and carry permit to possess a regulated firearm required for employment. - P.S. 5-133 (d)(2)(v)
- Has not been convicted of a felony or a misdemeanor for which a sentence of imprisonment for more than one year has been imposed; or convicted of a criminal offense for which you could have been sentenced to more than 2 years incarceration.
- Has not been convicted of a crime involving the possession, use, or distribution of a controlled dangerous substance;
- Is not presently an alcoholic, addict, or habitual user of a controlled dangerous substance unless under legitimate medical direction;
- Based on an investigation, has not exhibited a propensity for violence or instability that may reasonably render the person’s possession of a handgun a danger to the person or others;
- As of October 1, 2013, has successfully completed the Maryland State Police approved firearms training course within 2 years prior to submitting the original or renewal application.
(Maryland electronic fingerprinting NOT included). *Ammunition* cost and range fees are not Included. Required eye and ear protection must be rented at the range or purchased.
This 16 hour, 50 round live fire course is requirement to obtain the Maryland Permit to Wear and Carry Permit (CFP). In addition to the minimum requirements issued by the Maryland State Police this course will:
- Cover the fundamentals of handgun safety, operation and marksmanship
- Discuss Maryland, Utah and Federal gun law
- Review self-defense law
- Provide the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively carry a holstered, concealed firearm on a regular basis
- Teach fundamental and also practical techniques for efficient and effective presentation of a handgun from a holster
- Provide entry level training for reloads and also malfunctions
- Discuss mindset, awareness, shoot/don't shoot scenarios, etc...
**While this course satisfies all the requirements as issued by the Maryland State Police, Instructor Vincent Walker does not generally guarantee that the applicant will receive the Maryland Permit to Carry a Handgun.
Expectations and Outcomes
The student needs to know and be able to demonstrate safe gun handling, weapon system familiarity, and foundational marksmanship skills. must complete an in Classroom Written Exam, and will receive a Course Completion Certificate after Passing the Live-Fire Range Session
Basic, CCW, NRA Courses, Private Classes (Group / Individual), Security Training & Certification, Women's Only Courses
Students must bring a valid driver’s license or state issued ID to class with them for verification.
·Students must arrive on time and be present for the entire duration of class
Students are encouraged to bring their own gun, but a gun is not necessary and can be provided. Students are responsible for their 100 rounds of ammunition, range fees, & hearing and eye protection.Please wear long pants with pockets, closed toe shoes (no flip flops or sandals), and a crew neck (T-shirt) or button-up shirt (no low-cut neck lines
To ensure safety, there will be NO AMMUNITION in the classroom.