There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
There is a huge variety of different pistols, rifles, and shotguns at the gun store. How can you make sense of such a dizzying array of choices? After you narrow it down between home defense, concealed carry, hunting, or competition there are still many factors to consider such as manufacturer, caliber, features, and most importantly the double-F – fit and feel.
This Instructor-led course takes place in a traditional classroom environment with no live fire but with a variety of firearms to handle.
- what will you do with the gun?
- home defense, concealed carry, hunting, or competition?
- are all manufacturers basically the same?how important is after-market and accessories support?
- the great caliber and capacity debates – what should we consider?
- buy used or new? GunBroker, gun show, or private sale?
- what features do we need vs. want?
- leave it as it came out-of-the-box or customize and swap parts?
- the double-F – fit and feel
Expectations and Outcomes
Upon completion of this course students should have a solid idea what type of firearm will best suit their purposes. They should feel confident in researching the various options available for pistols, rifles, or shotguns.
Basic, Other, Rifle, Shotgun
- Driver’s License or proof of U.S. Citizenship or birth certificate or Permanent Resident Alien card
- Notebook and pen
- Water and snacks