OC (Pepper) Spray Training Class
Basic - Price includes the inert training canister and an OC spray for self-defense personal protection.
Duration: 4 hours total - (3 hours classroom, 60 minutes practical)
There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
OC (Oleo-Resin Capsicum) AKA Pepper Spray is an organic incapacitant made from pepper plants. It is potent enough for use in self-defense, yet humane and courtroom defensible. This is an excellent option as a secondary weapon or less-lethal force option. In this four (4) hour class, students are taught the proper use of OC spray as a defensive tool.
This class requires movement and soft contact with other students in practical application. You will NOT undergo live OC spray deployment. Inert training canisters will be used (contains water - DOES NOT contain pepper irritant) and you will get wet.
- Legal aspects of employing pepper spray and the aftermath of such an encounter
- The reasonable use of force
- Origin of chemical weapons
- Types of chemical munitions
- Effects of OC
- Proper movement, presentation, and deployment of a defensive spray
- Accurately aim (yes you must aim) pepper spray at an attacker
- Different OC pepper spray patterns and advantages of each
- Tactical considerations
- Decontamination methods
- Demonstration (practical)
- Storage and disposal
- Do’s and Don’ts
- Legal protection
- Calling 911 and what to say
Expectations and Outcomes
You will receive a certificate of completion after this course.
Price includes the inert training canister and an OC spray to take with you for self-defense personal protection. You can purchase an additional OC spray as an ADD-ON.
Basic, Other, Scenario Based Training
- Must have a valid ID (drivers license, state ID, passport)
- Must not be a convicted felon
The instructor requires a copy of your driver's license once you register.
- Comfortable clothing (caution – if you opt to be exposed to the effects of OC, clothing may get contaminated)
- Clean towel (to dry your face, once you go through the practical)
- A dry shirt, blouse, tee-shirt (as you will use an inert trainer your clothing will get wet)
- A complete change of clothes/shoes (in the event you go through the OC exposure and your clothing gets contaminated)
- No prior experience required