Intro to Concealed Carry and Defensive Shooting
Basic - Safety, confidence and competence for beginner to intermediate level shooters
Duration: 2 1/2-hours classroom and 1 1/2-hours range time
There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
This basic introduction to the concepts and core skills necessary to safely and effectively use a firearm in self-defense is an ideal class for beginners and intermediate shooters alike.
With an extreme emphasis on safety and the defensive applications of a gun as part of a total self-defense package, you will learn how to safely hold, fire and control a handgun as well as understand how to select a firearm for self-defense, the diferences in ammunition, gear and general self-defense and awareness techniques.
- Classroom including general safety/awareness discussion
- Safe handling of a handgun
- Developing basic skills
- Types of handguns and ammunition
- Legal concerns and ramifications
- Range time
- approximately 50 rounds per person
- slow, safe and responsible range skills
- developing confidence and competence with a handgun
Expectations and Outcomes
Tuition $119.00 per individual (use discount code FAMILY for a 25% discount for additional family members living at the same address) includes:
- Classroom materials
- USCCA Concealed Carry and Home Defense textbook (1 per family)
- Classroom workbook (1 per attendee)
- Range fees
- Custom Defensive Shooting Fundamentals targets for use at the range
- USCCA Course Completion certificate
Basic, CCW, USCCA Courses
- Your own handgun (if you own one) OR, you can use one of ours
- 50 rounds of factory ammunition (no reloaded ammunition)
- Eye and Ear protection (you can rent some from the range if you don't have any)
- Proper clothing and shoes
- no loose tops
- no open-toed shoes
- a baseball-style hat
- A serious respect for safety
- A desire to learn AND have fun!