There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
Businesses are fast learning the value and importance of hiring Security to protect their people and assets. They also know having an Armed Officer is a major responsibility.
The Archangel Armed SPO Course is the premier and most sought out training Academy Certification in Washington DC.
The 40-hour curriculum provides the confidence required to carry a firearm in pursuit of a professional career in the Security Industry.
An armed SPO must complete 40- hours in the classroom covering:?
Legal limitations on the use of a firearm
Handling of a firearm
Safety and maintenance of firearms
An armed SPO must complete Two additional hours on the shooting range:??
Marksmanship training / achieve a minimum of 70% on any silhouette target course approved by Archangel
Reliable Centerfire Firearm? (firearms available for rent) added to your registration $10/ weapon
2 Magazines (Minimum)?
Outside the Waistband Holster
Spare Magazine Holder?
Eye and Ear Protection?
Rugged/Comfortable Clothes and Shoes?
50 rounds of practice ammunition ?(available for purchase if needed)
• Handling of services weapons,
• weapon safety,
• when SPO's may discharge their firearm and when discharging a firearm is prohibited.
• Cause of Firearm Accidents
• Weapon Safety rules
• Ammunition Components
• How to overcome Cartridge Malfunctions
• Clearing a Semi-Auto Malfunctions
• How to Make a Proper Grip
• Holster Safety
Expectations and Outcomes
After completing our training course Archangel will sponsor the students. This will allow the students to receive their commission (SPO license). Must training academies DO NOT sponsor. This means after completing their training program you will NOT be a license officer. You will have to go find sponsorship in order to receive your commission.
Archangel does not guarantee employment with any of our permits or courses. Our sponsorship is intended to be temporary, as many employers desire their students to have their permits ahead of time despite the fact that a sponsoring employer is required for the application itself. When we receive notification of available contracts, the information is dispersed out to all students equally with the expectation that you will be putting in your own effort to reach out and make contact with prospective employers.
Security Training & Certification
Location of Academy
5758 Silver Hill RD,
District Heights, MD 20747.
Class starts at 0900. Any students who arrive after 0900 will not be allowed to participate in class and will have to return following month.
1. Make an appointment to get Fingerprinted.
2. Drug Screening and Physical (no appointment necessary)
3. Please see, download and print the two pdf attachments.
- Authorization to Release Information Form (pdf)
- Personal History and Arrest Affidavit (pdf)
- Text Ms Frainklin for Sponsorshop letter 202-602-9878
4. Click The Link Below For Fill Out The New Security License Application and pay the $84.00 Application Fee
- License or State ID - non-expired
- Birth certificate or non-expired passport
- Authorization to release Information Form
- Personal History and Arrest Affidavit
- If there are prior arrest, you must have disposition from the courts showing the outcome of charges
- Fingerprinting receipt
Archangel will reschedule students for range certification at no cost to the student give Archangel a 24 hour notice. If the students is a no call no show the student will be charge an addiitional $35 to reschedule the range certification.
Students who do not complated their range certification within 30 days of classroom training must pay and retake the classroom training again before being reschedule for range certification.
Please note, we do not offer refunds. However, if you give us at least 48 hour notice of your need to cancel your classroom training, we will credit your payment toward another Class. However, if you do not cancel with at least 48 notice, you will lose any payments you have already made.
Range Schedule Policy:
- Any cancellation or reschedule made less than 24 hours will result in a cancellation fee. The amount of the fee will be equal to 100 percent of the range fee $40.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late for your range time, we may not be able to accommodate you. In this case, the same cancellation fee will apply. We will do our very best to reschedule your range time for another time that is convenient to you.
- In the event of a true, unavoidable emergency, all or part of your cancellation fee may be applied to future reange fee.
- Students who do not pass the range certification must pay $100 to retake the Range certication.
- Have reached the age of twenty-one (21) years;
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be of good moral character;
1102.2 An applicant shall be ineligible to be commissioned as a special police officer if that applicant has ever been convicted of, pled guilty or nolo contendere to, or been given probation before judgment for any offense in any jurisdiction that would be a crime of violence, as defined in D.C. Official Code § 23-1331(4), if committed in the District of Columbia.
1102.3 If an applicant has ever been convicted of, pled guilty or nolo contendere to, or been given probation before judgment for any offense, other than a crime of violence, as defined in D.C. Official Code § 23-1331(4), in any jurisdiction that would be a felony if committed in the District of Columbia, the applicant shall be ineligible to be commissioned as a special police officer for 10 years following the applicant's release from incarceration and the conclusion of any court-ordered parole, probation, or supervision relating to that offense.
1102.4 If an applicant has ever been convicted of, pled guilty or nolo contendere to, or been given probation before judgment for any offense, other than a crime of violence, as defined in D.C. Official Code §23-1331(4), or traffic offense, in any jurisdiction that would be a misdemeanor if committed in the District of Columbia, the applicant shall be ineligible to be commissioned as a special police officer for 5 years following the applicant's release from incarceration and the conclusion of any court-ordered parole, probation, or supervision relating to that offense.
*** The following below extra fees are charged by DC government or other entities that are not included in you course tuition. After you complete your training you are responsible for the following fees:
$84.00 fee made payable to DC government for your SPO application;
$35.00 fee made payable to DC Treasurer for your fingerprint/background investigation;
$35.00 fee made payable to a drug test company for your drug test; and
$50.00 made payable to a physician for your health physical exam.