SPO - Upgrade from Unarmed to armed
Duration: 40 hours Classroom 1 hour range time
4 Day Class
District Heights, MD
|10 - 10 Students||9am to 4pm||John Ayala|
Businesses are fast learning the value and importance of hiring Security to protect their people and assets. They also know having an Armed Officer is a major responsibility.
The Archangel Armed SPO Course is the premier and most sought out training Academy Certification in Washington DC.
The 40-hour curriculum provides the confidence required to carry a firearm in pursuit of a professional career in the Security Industry.
Armed Special Police Officers are required to complete 40 Hours of Firearms Certification.
NO GUNS OR AMMO ALLOWED IN CLASSROOM
NO CELL PHONE USE ALLOWED IN CLASS ROOM
NO IN AND OUT OF CLASSROOM AFTER CLASS BEGANS
• Handling of services weapons,
• weapon safety,
• when SPO's may discharge their firearm and when discharging a firearm is prohibited.
• Cause of Firearm Accidents
• Weapon Safety rules
• Ammunition Components
• How to overcome Cartridge Malfunctions
• Clearing a Semi-Auto Malfunctions
• How to Make a Proper Grip
• Holster Safety
Expectations and Outcomes
After completing our training course Archangel will sponsor the students. This will allow the students to receive their commission (SPO license). Must training academies DO NOT sponsor. This means after completing their training program you will NOT be a license officer. You will have to go find sponsorship in order to receive your commission.
Archangel does not guarantee employment with any of our permits or courses. Our sponsorship is intended to be temporary, as many employers desire their students to have their permits ahead of time despite the fact that a sponsoring employer is required for the application itself. When we receive notification of available contracts, the information is dispersed out to all students equally with the expectation that you will be putting in your own effort to reach out and make contact with prospective employers.
Security Training & Certification
Students will report to 5758 Silver Hill RD, District Heights, MD 20747. Class starts at 0900. Any students who arrive after 0900 will not be allowed to participate in class and will have to return following month.
Students must score 43 out of 52 To qualify to become an armed Special Police Officer
$40,00 Ammo 50 rounds
Free - Target, Eyes and ear protaction
WHAT NOT TO WEAR TO THE RANGE
- Clothes you don’t want to get dirty – CLP and grease can ruin fabric
- Flip-flops, crocs, sandals or open-toed shoes
- Heavy clothing that weighs you down or overheats you
- Short shorts
- Tank tops or spaghetti strap shirts
- V-neck or low-cut shirts
- Anything that interferes with safety
1. Make an appointment to get Fingerprinted.
2. Drug Screening and Physical (no appointment necessary)
3. After completing the SPO course all applicants must follow below info.
- License or State ID - non-expired
- Birth certificate or non-expired passport
- If there are prior arrest, must bring deposition from the courts showing the outcome of charges
- Please download pdf print and fill out form and bring to the office Authorization to Release Information Form (pdf)
- Please download pdf print and fill out form and bring to the office Personal History and Arrest Affidavit (pdf)
- Fingerprinting receipt
4. Click The Link Below For Fill Out The New Special police officer Application and pay the $84.00 Application Fee
- Have reached the age of twenty-one (21) years;
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be of good moral character;
- Students must have a unarmed commission
1102.2 An applicant shall be ineligible to be commissioned as a special police officer if that applicant has ever been convicted of, pled guilty or nolo contendere to, or been given probation before judgment for any offense in any jurisdiction that would be a crime of violence, as defined in D.C. Official Code § 23-1331(4), if committed in the District of Columbia.
1102.3 If an applicant has ever been convicted of, pled guilty or nolo contendere to, or been given probation before judgment for any offense, other than a crime of violence, as defined in D.C. Official Code § 23-1331(4), in any jurisdiction that would be a felony if committed in the District of Columbia, the applicant shall be ineligible to be commissioned as a special police officer for 10 years following the applicant's release from incarceration and the conclusion of any court-ordered parole, probation, or supervision relating to that offense.
1102.4 If an applicant has ever been convicted of, pled guilty or nolo contendere to, or been given probation before judgment for any offense, other than a crime of violence, as defined in D.C. Official Code §23-1331(4), or traffic offense, in any jurisdiction that would be a misdemeanor if committed in the District of Columbia, the applicant shall be ineligible to be commissioned as a special police officer for 5 years following the applicant's release from incarceration and the conclusion of any court-ordered parole, probation, or supervision relating to that offense.
*** The following below extra fees are charged by DC government or other entities that are not included in you course tuition. After you complete your training you are responsible for the following fees:
$84.00 fee made payable to DC government for your SPO application;
$35.00 fee made payable to DC Treasurer for your fingerprint/background investigation;
$35.00 fee made payable to a drug test company for your drug test; and
$50.00 made payable to a physician for your health physical exam.