Maryland HQL/NRA Basic Pistol
Basic - NRA Basic Pistol level 1 and HQL by default (please schedule more time and ammo if needed.) NOTE: Class is $175, $15 in invoice fees passed on to student.
Duration: 9am-6pm (1 hour of range time included, if going for instructor, please add an hour)
|Register Now||July 8 Saturday||
|1 - 10 Students||9am-6pm||Michael Tano|
Class ONLY, Fingerprints and paperwork assistance may be available on site for additional fee from Essential Support Services. Maryland will assess their own fee and elligibility for state licensure.
The following options are available for this class.
1. HQL/NRA Basic Pistol Level 1
2. If NRA level 2-4 are needed, please select extra time.
3. If firearm and ammo are needed for HQL and/or NRA Level 1, please select the 50 round option of your choice. .22 being easier to learn on, 9mm being more realistic for defense.
4. If NRA Level 2-4 are needed, please select that option.
5. If NRA Level 2-4 are needed, along with firearm and ammunition for class, please select the 200 round option of your choice -- either 9mm or .22 cal as described above.
- Maryland Law
- Knowledge skills and attitude to meet the requirements of the NRA Basic Pistol course.
- Basic firearm safety.
- Basic firearm nomenclature.
- Basic firearm use.
Expectations and Outcomes
Students seeking their Maryland Handgun Qualification License (HQL) must make their needs known in advance.
Students who pass the written exam (90% or higher) and shooting qualification and are subjectively determined to handle a firearm safely, will earn the NRA Basic Pistol Certification at the end of the course.
NRA Qualification Levels:
Level 1: 4 five shot groups at 10 ft. within a 4 inch group
Level 2: 4 five shot groups at 15 ft. within a 4 inch group
Level 3: 4 five shot groups at 20 ft. within a 4 inch group
Level 4: 16/20 shots within a 6 inch group*
*Must Qualify at Level 4 to be considered for the instructor class.
Student is not garanteed enough time during the course to reach a particular level. Indoor ranges charge additional fees, and outdoor range have the added complication of losing light.
Student must arrange additional time with the instructor. Additional fees may apply.
Basic, NRA Courses, Specialty Other
1. Government issued photo ID.
1. Book here.
2. Book on the NRA's website.
3. Sign the waiver form that will be sent to you via Adobe sign (if not already a part of this booking process).
Please see the gear list on our website.
Both the "General" and class specific gear lists apply. STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE. A FAILURE TO PREPARE MAY RESULT IN EXPULSION FROM CLASS WITHOUT REFUND.
FAILURE TO SAFELY HANDLE A FIREARM MAY RESULT IN EXPULSION FROM CLASS WITHOUT REFUND.
Please visit our website for policy information. STUDENT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS INFORMATION