There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
Do any of these statements apply to you?
- I’ve never shot a handgun before, but I would like to learn.
- It has been a really long time since I shot a handgun.
- I’ve only ever shot rifles or shotguns; I want to learn how to shoot a pistol.
- I want to become familiar with handgun safety and how to shoot.
- I am curious about guns, but I am unsure.
- I want to feel safe and confidant around guns, but I’ve never touched one before.
- Firearms Safety Rules
- Firearms Safe Storage
- Common Firearms and Range Terminology
- Ammunition Overview
- Handgun Overview
- Safe Use and Handling of Firearms
Expectations and Outcomes
Successful completion of Introduction to Handguns - Classroom and Range will prepare you for Pistol Shooting Basics or Florida Concealed Weapon or Firearm License Course - Experienced Shooter
Basic, Women's Only Courses
State Issued Photo ID
- Note taking materials
- Eye & ear protection
- Reliable Semi-Automatic Pistol or Revolver
- At least 2 pistol magazines
- 100 Rounds of factory new ammunition
- Dummy Ammunition
- Snap Caps or Tap Rack Training Aids (TRT)
- Med Kit (If you do not have one, please consider getting one)
- Lunch, adequate snacks and hydration (both water AND electrolytes)
- Please wear outdoor range appropriate attire: closed-toe shoes, collared shirt.
- Brimmed ball caps recommended but not required.
- Any other personal comfort items
- Bug Spray