|Register Now||May 21 Sunday||
|10 - 16 Students||9am-3pm||Mark Booher|
Knowing how to shoot in a defensive situation is not always enough. Sometimes you need to fight to your weapon - or even fight to retain it! This course will teach you the fundamentals of protecting yourself in extreme close quarters using your personal defensive weapons in a fun, safe, and dynamic environment.
This is Handgun Combatives!
*You must have successfully completed Combat Pistol Level 1 or Covert Carry Pistol with us to attend this class.
This course will run you expose you to systematic principles of handgun combatives with an accompanying series of drills and exercises to validate your new skills. Topics include:
- Drawing from concealment
- 2-handed draws
- 1-handed draws
- Knife draws
- Handgun Retention
- Framing and collapsing the distance
- Retaining your weapon systems
- Shooting from retention
- Transitioning: Better weapon/Better position
- De-escalation/Escalation techniques
- Situational awareness
- Cycling weapon systems and tools
- Various 2-handed and 1-handed shooting drills
- Moving and shooting drills
- AND MORE!
Expectations and Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, attendess will receive a certificate of completion.
- Students will present proof of identification in person at the event using a government issued ID card. (drivers license, etc.)
- You are not required to be a CHCL holder, but must have completed either Combat Pistol 1 or Covert Carry Pistol with us to attend this class.
The instructor requires a copy of your Government Issued ID once you register.
- Semi-automatic handgun
- Concealed holster (must be kydex or similar material)
- 200 rounds ammo
- 2 magazines minimum
- Rubber training knife (click here for recommendation)
- Wrap around eye protection
- Ear protection
- Chamber flag
- Lawn chair
- Focus mitts
- MMA boxing gloves