There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
Texas Department of Public Safety's Private Security Bureau (PSB) requires 6 hours of Continuing Education training and firearms requalification every two (2) years to renew the Commissioned Security Officer License. This course provides the Level III re-qualification training, exam and shooting proficiency as required by the State of Texas and the PSB to renew your expired or expiring Commission.
- Field Notes and Report Writing
- Crime Scene
- Patrol Services
- Use of Force
- Conflict Resolution
- Defensive Tactics
- Intermediate Weapons
Expectations and Outcomes
- Attend the continuing education training
- Pass the written exam
- Pass the shooting Qualification
All participants that complete the Texas DPS standards will be awarded a certificate to upload to the state in TOPS for the certification completion.
Security Training & Certification
- Current State Drivers License or Identification Card
- Texas PSB Level 3 Permit
- Last six numbers of the Social Security Number
- Firearm, 9mm or .38 caliber and above
- Ammunition, 50 rounds
- 00 Buck, 9 Shot shells (12 Ga)
- Reminder to Bring an additional 100 rounds for those who added on the Fight from the Holster training