Complete 3-day NRA Pistol Instructor Course
Basic - After passing this course you will have earned the privilege of become a Certified NRA Pistol Instructor *requires paying NRA Credentialing fee.
Duration: 20 hours of classroom instruction over 3 days with approximately 5 1/2 hours of range time.
3 Day Class
|2 - 9 Students||8:00 AM/7:00 PM||Tom Tunget|
3 Day Class
|4 - 10 Students||8:00 AM/7:00 PM||Tom Tunget|
Once you register, I will contact you to get some information so I can register you on the NRA's website for the courses.
Friday is the Basics of Pistol Shooting (required by NRA to become an Instructor). Includes safe pistol handing, ammunition knowledge, pistol shooting positions, pistol shooting, scoring targets and maintaining a pistol. We finish with the exam.
Saturday is Basic Instructor Training (B.I.T.) We start with Instructor Qualifications. The BIT course teaches you how to teach NRA courses. The exam will be the end of the BIT Course. Then in the afternoon we start the NRA Pistol Instructor training. Throughout this course you will learn how to actually teach the NRA Basis of Pistol Shooting course.
Sunday is the remainder of the Pistol Instructor Course concluding with the exam.
Basics of Pistol Shooting (required by NRA to become an Instructor). Includes safe pistol handing, ammunition knowledge, pistol shooting positions, pistol shooting, scoring targets and maintaining a pistol . We finish with the exam.
Basic Instructor Training (B.I.T.). The BIT course teaches you how to teach NRA courses. Topics include NRA ethics guide, roles & responsibilities, organizing your course, generating publicity and more. A written exam will be the end of the BIT Course.
NRA Pistol Instructor Training. Throughout this course you will learn how to actually teach the lessons in the NRA Basis of Pistol Shooting Course. You'll also learn teaching safely, instructional methods, what to look for, how to evaluate beginning pistol shooters, how to improve them and conclude with the written exam.
Expectations and Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the Basics of Pistol Shooting course you will receive an NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Certificate.
Instructor Candidates should have a good working knowledge of firearms and must display safe firearm handling.
Instructor Candidates who complete and pass all courses get an NRA Pistol Instructor Certificate.
Basic, Intermediate, Instructor Training Courses, NRA Courses, Specialty Other
Students will be emailed;
- Sample NRA PistolInstructor target to print and practice with
- NRA Pistol Performance Qualification Checklist
- NRA Instructor Questionnaire
No seats are guaranteed until they are paid for.
After passing you must login to www.nrainstructors.org, register and pay a $60 fee to NRA for certification.
- Pistol (.22 caliber up to .45 caliber), one magazine, 200 rounds of ammunition, highlighter, pen/paper for notes.
- Pistols may be rented with prior arrangements.
- Eye & Ear Protection (We can provide if you don't have yours or forget it)
- You will receive ONE 2" 3-ring binder with TWO manuals. All printed materials will be provided.
- Instructor qualification may use any pistol, any caliber & any sights. 8" target at 30'.
- 20 rounds from Unsupported Standing postion, 3 points given per hit within a 4" group in the target circle. 48/60 points is minimum total passing score. (Can't miss more than 4 shots)