LA STATE POLICE CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT CLASS
Duration: 6 hours classroom, 2 hours range time
|Register Now||March 22 Wednesday||
|1 - 10 Students||3pm - 9pm||Gerard Doris|
|Register Now||April 1 Saturday||
|1 - 10 Students||9am - 5pm||Gerard Doris|
This is the classroom and range course which meets and covers all the NRA, USCCA, and LSP requirements to obtain your conceal carry permit.
Over 1 million students have taken the U.S. Concealed Carry Association’s course offerings across the nation. Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals is a comprehensive classroom course for anyone considering owning or carrying a firearm for self-defense. If you are new to handguns, this is a great introduction to everything you need to know to start your self-protection journey.
This course is a complete guide to understanding the basics of firearms ownership, safety, and nomenclature, and how it applies to home- or self-defense. After this class, students will feel confident to act as their family’s first line of defense in the event of a home invasion or other critical incident.
- Developing a Personal and Home Protection Plan
- Self-Defense Firearms Basics
- Shooting Fundamentals
- Gear and Gadgets
- The Legal Use of Force
- Violent Encounters and the Aftermath
- Basic and Advanced Skills
Personal Safety, Handgun Safety, Handgun Fundamentals, Handgun Operation, Handgun Selection, Physiological Reactions to Violent Encounters
Expectations and Outcomes
Each Student Must:
- Hit the silhouette area of a B-27 target 36 times in 36 attempts; 12 rounds each at 6 feet, 10 feet, and 15 feet, while performing at least 1 safe reload at each distance.
- Receive an acceptable score on a Basic Pistol Shooting Course examination.
Upon completion of the above mention, student will be provide a certificate
CCW, Scenario Based Training, USCCA Courses, Virtual Simulation
- Please bring a copy of you DL or state approved identification
- Please bring a copy of the CCW application. You can download the from here LSP CHP Application
The instructor requires a copy of your Government Issued ID once you register.
- Ammunition - 50
- Close-toed Shoes
- Pen & Notebook
- Extra Magazines - 3
- Speed Loader