There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
This course is designed to introduce shooters to the practical application of shooting. It is based on reality and the skills you need to effectively deploy a firearm in personal defense.
The 8 hour course will combine classroom presentation with live fire training. By the end of the day, you will become much more comfortable with your weapon!
Course Difficulty: Beginner
Course Duration: 1 day (8 hours)
- Open vs. concealed carry
- Shooting fundamentals
- Advanced malfunction drills
- Advanced speed reloading drills
- Strong and off handed shooting 21-foot rule
- Stress shooting
- Multiple target engagement
- Moving target engagement
- Shooting positions
- Difference between cover and concealment
- Tactical considerations
- Wounded shooter (one-handed reloading and shooting)
Expectations and Outcomes
All graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion.
- Semi-automatic handgun – no revolvers
- 2 magazines (3 preferably)
- 250 rounds of ammo
- A quality non collapsing holster, leather or kydex only.
- Hearing Protection
- Eye Protection
- Baseball style hat
- Long pants with pockets
- Sturdy belt
- Closed toe shoes (no flip flops or sandals)
- Crew neck (T-shirt) or button-up shirt (no low-cut neck lines)