There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
An introduction course to the AR-15 platform. This class is geared for firearm owners or anyone interested in instruction on how to safely, effectively and reliably use the AR-15 platform. Don’t already own an AR-15? We may have a few rentals available for use during the class.
- A basic understanding and operations of the AR-15 rifle
- How to disassemble and reassemble the AR-15 rifle
- Perform basic maintenance on the AR-15 rifle
- Discover how to get a “zero”
- Proper zero distance
- Trigger Control
- Iron Sights vs Optics
- Proper Stock Length
- Shooting Positions
- Loading & Unloading
- .223 vs 5.56mm
- Cleaning the rifle
- Build the confidence needed to incorporate the AR-15 platform into a home defense plan through simple drills and practice.
Expectations and Outcomes
Students will receive a certificate upon completion of the course.
- 100 rounds ammunition (5.56/.223/.308 etc.)
- 2 magazines (20 or 30 round capacity)
- Eye and ear protection
- Baseball type hat
- Proper range attire*