There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
This class instructs students on how to best utilize your handgun for self-defense or home defense. You will learn advanced defensive handgun techniques and the difference between target/precision shooting and defensive shooting. Students should be prepared to spend a significant amount of the class on the Range.
- Tactical considerations
- What gear for what purpose
- Open vs. concealed carry
- Point shooting techniques
- Speed fire drills
- Multiple target engagement
- Low light shooting techniques
- What stops the threat
- Reaction times
- “Tactical” vs. “Tacti-cool”
- Fight or flight-mind reaction to threats
- What happens after the fight
- Advanced shooting drills
Expectations and Outcomes
Will build advanced handgun handling skills. All graduates will receive a certificate of completion.
Must have completed Defensive Handgun Level 1 or be able to pass a skills assessment demonstrating comparable skills.
- Semi-automatic handgun – no revolvers
- 2 magazines (3 preferably)
- 400 rounds of ammo
- A quality non collapsing holster, leather or kydex only.
- Hearing Protection
- Eye Protection
- Baseball style hat
- Long pants with pockets
- Sturdy belt
- Closed toe shoes (no flip flops or sandals)
- Crew neck (T-shirt) or button-up shirt (no low-cut neck lines)