There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
This course will teach the Basic Knowledge, Skills, and Attitude necessary for owning and using a pistol safely. The course is designed with the needs of the first time pistol shooter in mind yet serves as a refresher for the more experienced shoot
- Pistol Knowledge &Safe Gun Handling
- Ammunition Knowledge & The Fundamentals Of Pistol Shooting
- Shooting Positions & Shooting Qualification
- Scoring Targets & Selecting and Maintaining Your Pistol
- Continued Opportunities For Skill Development
Expectations and Outcomes
By the end of the course, the student will have learned;
- The major causes of firearms accidents and how to avoid them
- NRA rules for safely using and storing a gun
- Gun range safety
- How to properly hold a pistol
- How to properly aim and fire a pistol
- The various shooting positions
- The types of malfunctions and what to do about them
Basic, NRA Courses
If you are a member of the NRA, please send your NRA member number.
You will need to bring
- Your handgun
- at least 40 rounds of ammunition
- Eye protection - Safety glasses
- Hearing protection - ear pugs, ear muffs, etc.