Intermediate - Continuing to build on our foundation, it's time to focus on pistol marksmanship fundamentals and learn how to shoot more accurately
Duration: 4 Hours
There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
- Have an understanding of and describe basic firearm safety.
- Review and reinforcement of shooting basics - the importance of proper grip, sight alignment, sight picture, stance, trigger control, and follow through
- Presentation of the handgun from the holster to the target and safe recovery back to the holster
- Static shooting positions
- Sight picture and its relationship to size and distance
- Trigger control
- Shot delivery?
- Reloading techniques
- Malfunction clearance procedures?
- Moving then shooting
- Target to target transition drills
- One Handed shooting
Drivers License/State ID
Liability Waiver to be filled out previous to class
The instructor requires a copy of your driver's license once you register.
- Safe, Functioning Semi-Automatic Pistol or Revolver. No Micro Pistols.
- 2-3 magazines for semi-auto pistol
- Strong side hip mounted or belt mounted holster. No appendix holsters.
- Magazine Pouch(es)
- Hat with brim
- Eye Protection: wrap around style
- Hearing Protection
- Weather appropriate clothing, to include long pants and closed toe shoes. No flip-flops.?
- 200 rounds of ammunition?
- Loaner guns, magazines, holsters, safety glasses and hearing protection are available.