There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
Many new firearm owners out there. Come get an IL Concealed Carry license NOW. All experience levels welcomed. Review firearm safety, fundamentals/handling and appropriate federal/state laws relating to firearms. We show you how to shoot and also give you guidance on when it is justified. Sign up today!
If you have completed and a certificate in the following course, you will be awarded eight-hours credit towards the Illinois Concealed Carry Course ($105.00 for the course):
- NRA Basic Pistol
- NRA Personal Protection in the Home
- NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home
- Active, Retired or Honorably Discharged member of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Previously Qualified law enforcement officer or corrections officer
All topics covered are the State of Illinois recommended topics for the coures, which include:
- Firearm safety;
- Basic Principles of Markmanship;
- Care, Cleaning & Unloading;
- Fundamentals/firearms handling;
- Federal/state laws relating to ownership, storage and transport of firearms.
Expectations and Outcomes
At the end of the course, you will be provided the Illinois State Police Concealed Carry Firearms Training Certificate, which is required to apply for your Illinois Concealed Carry License.
Please bring a valid State Identification Card, and your Illinois Firearm's Owner Identification (FOID) card if you have it. Also, if you are retired military and plan on only taking the 8 hour course we will need a copy of you DD214.
- Eye and ear protection (a limited amount is available for use if needed);
- An encased firearm;
- A gun cleaning kit;
- Any specialty tool required to “field strip” your firearm;
- Any waist holster, which can be inside/outside holster (a waist holster is a must; however, you may bring a shoulder, ankle or other holster for discussion);
- * Please note an outside the waist holster is easier and maybe preferred for the range portion of the course
- Ammunition (Minimum is 250 rounds).