South Carolina CWP Class
Learn the rules to safely and legally carry a concealed firearm in the state of South Carolina
Duration: 4 hours classroom, 2 hours range time
There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
During the class, participants learn: safe gun handling, the different types of concealed firearms, proper care and storage of the firearm and ammunition, range safety and operations, and in depth review of South Carolina firearm laws. The training also includes range safety rules and live firing on the range. The class includes Laws & Firearms Proficiency.
- Statutory and case law regarding deadly force
- South Carolina laws governing firearms and concealed weapons permits
- Proper firearms storage practices that deny access to children
- Prohibited carry locations
- Liability and responsibility issues relating to firearms
- Proper interaction with Law Enforcement Officers
- Firearms safety rules
- Carrying “cocked & locked”
- Firearm retention techniques overview
- Handgun safety, manipulation, and operation
- Concealment techniques and drawing from concealment
- Range qualification
- Written exam
- All required forms and fingerprint cards are included with the class fee.
Expectations and Outcomes
Sucessfully completing the course meets the training requirements when applying for a Concealed Weapons Permit in the state of South Carolina.
Valid South Carolina Driver's License
The instructor requires a copy of your Government Issued ID once you register.
Course attendees must be at least 18 years of age, and not be prohibited by law from possessing a firearm. (Must be 21 years of age to submit a CWP application to SLED)