There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
Our one day Tactical Pistol Clinic teaching a student not only “how” to operate a hand gun, but defines the “when’s “ and the “why’s” of taking specific actions and applying sound tactics in fluid high stress environments.
This course is designed specifically for the LEO, prepared civilian, and CCW / CHL licensees. This course focuses on the tactical application, weapons handeling, and marksmanship skills. It will challenges many of the archaic ideas still lingering in some shooting circles and builds onto a student’s existing knowledge of pistol marksmanship and defensive shooting skills.
Topics covered include but are not limited to:
• Safety brief, medical concerns, and range safety considerations.
• Firearm safety and weapons handling on the range and in the real world.
• Fundamentals of marksmanship.
• Pistol diagnostics.
• Defensive shooting skills.
• Alternative shooting positions.
• Weapons manipulation and handling.
• Malfunction clearance procedures.
• Accuracy and speed drills.
• Movement while shooting.
• Use of cover and concealment.
• Engaging multiple threats.
• Safe and proper use of holsters and other equipment.
• Survival/defensive mindset.
• Equipment selection and considerations
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK AHEAD OF TIME.
IF YOU SHOW UP TO CLASS WITH INAPPROPRIATE GEAR YOU WILL BE SENT HOME WITHOUT A REFUND.
Advanced, Basic, Intermediate, CCW
• A mid to full sized semi-automatic pistol chambered in 9mm, .40 S&W, .357 Sig, or .45ACP
• Belt with holster and magazine pouches
• Pistol Magazines -Three or more
• 350-450 rounds of pistol ammunition
• Eye and ear protection ( Clear eye protection for low light shooting classes)
• Note taking materials
• Weather appropriate clothing (extra clothing suggested)
• Rain Gear
• Food, drinks, and medications
• Suggested weapons support equipment (Lube, cleaning kit, tools, spare parts, spare optics batteries
• Individual First Aid Kits and Tourniquets (suggested)
A NOTE ABOUT HOLSTERS:
-In most of our classes only outside the waistband holsters are permitted. No Black Hawk SERPA or SERPA style holsters are permitted. No floppy nylon or worn out leather holsters are permitted. Holsters with some type of retention value / device is STRONGLY recommended. Shooters will be moving in and out of unconventional shooting positions and safety is paramount. We normally recommend some type of open top Kydex or molded plastic holster with positive retention or a law enforcement duty style holster. Law Enforcement Officers are permitted to use a Black Hawk SERPA duty holster if that is what they carry on duty. This only applies to duty style holsters