This Basic Handgun shooting course will introduce you to firearms and provide the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary for owning and using a pistol safely. The course includes classroom instruction, practical application, evaluation, and a live range qualification shoot. During this class, you will learn Safe Gun Handling Techniques, Handgun Knowledge, Fundamentals of Shooting, Shooting Positions, and more.
Safety and Accountability
Handgun Parts and Ammo
Expectations and Outcomes
Participants will receive:
- Basic Firearms Course student packet
- Completion Certificate that meets Virginia’s Concealed Carry application requirements
Basic, Concealed Carry Training, NAAGA (National African American Gun Association) Courses
Please bring a valid military ID for the applied discount.
The instructor requires a copy of your Government Issued ID once you register.
Things to Bring:
- Ear Protection (Electronic suggested)
- Eye Protection - Prescription glasses are fine for eye protection as long as they are not glass lenses.
- Please dress appropriately for the weather in the event we are outdoors.
- Bring a brimmed hat.
- Avoid low-cut shirts and open-toe shoes.
- Boots or sneakers are recommended.
- Bring hydration, bug spray, and sunscreen (if applicable).
- Bring your lunch (there will be a cafe in the building if you want to order food)
- Note taking material.
- An open mind and positive attitude!