There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
This is a basic pistol course designed for entry level shooters to become comfortable and familiar with firearm mechanics and pistol marksmanship, including safe pistol handling and manipulation, typically covered in 2 hours of classroom and 2 hours of range time. Body mechanics as they relate to firearm choice and basic tactical medical are also covered.
- Firearm mechanics
- Pistol handling and manipulation
- Fundamentals of marksmanship
- Equipment selection
- Basic range etiquette
- Basic tactical medical
Expectations and Outcomes
Students will become familiar with the mechanics and operation of semi-automatic pistols. They will learn the basics of marksmanship and have a better understanding of how to choose the best handgun for their body mechanics.
A waiver will be sent to the student upon registration and must be signed prior to the start of class.
The instructor requires a copy of your Government Issued ID once you register.
- Pistol of quality manufacture (must be approved by the instructor). Pistol rentals are available for an additional fee.
- 200 rounds of ammo, caliber TBD based on conversation with instructor prior to class. If renting pistols, ammunition must be purchased at the range.
- Eye and ear protection (rentals available for an additional fee).
- Closed-toe shoes.
- Range fees.
Additional gear is advised based on range choice and season/weather (indoor/outdoor range, sunscreen, hat, raingear, etc.). No low-cut tops for women.