This class will help build skills & techniques in relation to accurate defensive shooting and shot placement for the intermediate to experienced/advanced shooter. Students will learn proper sight alignment, and sight picture as well as accurate bulls eye shooting with traditional defensive pistols at various distances.
This is also a great opportunity for the advanced shooter to refresh and practice their skills as well as learn something new.
All students must understand and be able to successfully maintain all shooting safety fundamentals.
Students should know and be able to perform all aspects of safe firearm handing, loading and unloading, malfunction clearing. Students should have experience working out of and back to a holster.
Students are expected to arrive no later than 5:45pm for set up and range safety briefing.
The class curriculum contains:
- – Basic pistol safety fundamentals.
- – Range safety, orientation and proper range protocol.
- – Shooting fundamentals (grip, stance, breath control, trigger control, hold control, sight picture and sight alignment, follow through).
- – Dry fire / live fire drills.
- – Reloading techniques.
- – Strong hand and support hand shooting.
- – Accuracy and speed development drills.
- – Engaging multiple targets.
- – Gear discussion/selection.
- – Alternate shooting positions
Advanced, Basic, Intermediate, CCW
All students must bring:
- – Semi-automatic pistol or revolver of their choice. (a back up/second pistol is recommended in case of malfunction or failure).
- – Minimum of 200 rounds of quality ammunition – more is better!
- – Quality eye and ear protection.
- – Four magazines minimum with magazine carriers/pouch, etc. Please arrive with magazines loaded!
- – Pistol / caliber specific cleaning supplies and repair kit.
- – Sturdy belt and strong side holster. Please no flimsy, dangling or cloth holsters. No Blackhawk serpa, Alien Gear, Uncle Mike’s or Fobus please! Kydex preferred. We recommend holsters from Dark Star Gear, C&G Holsters, Raven Concealment, Blackpoint Tactical, Concealment Express, 508 Holsters, Black Center Tactical.
- – notepad or notebook with pen
- – An open mind, humble, willing to learn attitude!
- – Lunch, beverages and snacks to last the day.