CLOSE QUARTER DEFENSIVE PISTOL - NOTTINGHAM, PA
Basic - CLOSE QUARTER DEFENSIVE PISTOL - NOTTINGHAM, PA
Duration: 9:00am to 5:00pm
|Register Now||June 10 Saturday||
|5 - 14 Students||9:00am to 5:00pm||TBD|
All students must understand and be able to successfully maintain all shooting safety fundamentals. Experience with working to and from and shooting from a holster, engaging multiple targets, and various shooting positions highly recommended.
This class is designed to aid those individuals who carry concealed or intend to carry concealed and are seeking self defense skills for when their everyday environment gives them spatial challenges.
Close Quarter Defensive Pistol takes the student out of his comfort zone and removes that “safe personal space” we are used to working with.
The student will learn how to draw, manipulate, shoot, and reload with confined spaces and limited distances.
This class will help build skills, techniques and confidence for the experienced or intermediate shooter. This is also a great opportunity for the advanced shooter to refresh and practice their skills as well as learn something new.
Students should dress as they normally do in their day to day concealed carry environment.
The class curriculum contains:
- – Basic pistol safety fundamentals.
- – Range safety, orientation and proper range protocol.
- – Shooting fundamentals (grip, stance, breath control, trigger control, hold control, sight picture and sight alignment, follow through).
- – Drawing from concealment
- – Dry fire / live fire drills.
- – Malfunctions and stoppages.
- – Reloading techniques.
- – Hand to hand basics
- – Reality based defense drills and techniques.
- – Strong hand and weak hand shooting.
- – Engaging multiple targets.
- – Retention and disarms
- – Close quarter drills
- – Alternate shooting positions
Advanced, Basic, Intermediate, CCW
- All students must bring:
- – Semi-automatic pistol or revolver of their choice.
- – Minimum of 400 rounds of brass cased ammunition (no steel cased ammo).
- – Quality eye and ear protection.
- – Four magazines minimum with magazine carriers/pouch, etc. – PLEASE ARRIVE WITH MAGAZINES LOADED.
- – Pistol / caliber specific cleaning supplies or kit.
- – Sturdy belt and strong side or appendix holster. Please no flimsy, dangling or cloth holsters. Kydex preferred. (No Blackhawk SERPA, Alien Gear, Fobus, or Uncle Mike’s holsters – We recommend: Blackpoint Tactical, Black Center Tactical, Dark Star Gear, C&G Holsters, Raven Concealment, 508 Holsters)
- – Minimum 5 dummy rounds.
- – Everyday carry or pocket / belt clip folding knife.
- – Concealment vest or jacket.
- – Sweatshirt or hoodie or button up “concealment” style shirt.
- – An open mind, humble, willing to learn attitude!
For more information or questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org