There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
This non-shooting course teaches students the basic knowledge and skills to explain the attitude necessary for the safe handling and storage of firearms/ammunition in the home.
- NRA’s three rules for safe gun handling
- Primary causes of firearm accidents
- Firearm parts
- How to unload certain action types
- Ammunition components
- Cleaning; care; safe storage of firearms in the home
- The benefits of becoming an active participant in the shooting sports
Expectations and Outcomes
Once this course has been compeleted, you will receive an NRA certificate of completion.
Basic, NRA Courses, Seminars / Lectures
Please bring valid ID.
Please do not bring a firearm or ammunition to this course.
Eye protection and hearing protection are required. Electronic hearing protection is preferred but any protection that provides proper coverage can be used.
Please bring your own drinks and snacks for the day.