There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
The classroom seminar includes instruction on a variety of crime prevention strategies, from criminal psychology to automobile crimes to cyber crime. This course teaches about common weaknesses that criminals may take advantage of and teaches a variety of corrective measures that are practical, inexpensive, and easy to follow.
This is not a firearms instruction course, and does not include instruction in physical combat or self-defense.
- The Psychology of the Criminal Mind
- Know what criminals look for in a victim
- Creating a Safe Room & Home Protection Plan
- Situational Awareness and Avoidance Techniques
- Internet and Cyber Safety
- Home & Phone Security
- Carjack Avoidance Techniques
- Automobile & Travel Security
- Personal & Technological Security
- Use of various Personal Safety Devices (Tasers, Stun guns, Batons, Pepper Spray)
- Self-Defense Tools and more!
- Home Invasions and Burglary
- Interacting with the Police
- What to do if you do become a Victim
- How to stop Sliders in their tracks
- Criminal use of Bump Keys and Prevention
- Security Window Film
- The 6 second garage door break-in and how to prevent it.
- Malls & Parking Garages safety concerns
- Layers of Defense and making your home a hard target.
- Mental Preparedness & Controlling Fear
- Lighting, Alarms, Dead Bolts, Windows and more
- Rape Statistics and Prevention
- Banking & ATM Scams
- Cyber fraud & Electronic Theft
- Cyber-stalking & Cyber-bullying
- Workplace & Personal Security
- Local Crime Statistics and much more.
Expectations and Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, students will receive a certificate of completion.
NRA Courses, Seminars / Lectures
Please bring a valid ID.
Please do not bring a firearm to this course.
Please bring snacks/drinks if you wish.