No Upcoming Classes
Ladies Open Range Day
This is a ladies only private pistol fun…
|Basic, Intermediate, Active Shooter Response Training, In Home Defense Training, Women's Only Courses||Basic|
No Upcoming Classes
Open Range Day (Pistol)
This class is open to all shooters and w…
|Basic, Intermediate, Advanced, Rifle||Basic|
About Paraclete Consulting Group
Paraclete Consulting Group would like to invite you to train with us! Paraclete is a licensed private security company specializing in advanced firearms and tactics training. Paraclete has a private training facility in Garden Ridge, Texas which is just north of San Antonio and south of New Braunfels, Texas. If preferred, Paraclete can deploy a Mobile Training Team (MTT) with instructors and equipment to your shooting range facility or police department.
Our training methodology sets us apart from other training providers because we conduct shooting clinics that focus on the fundamentals of pistol marksmanship while advancing the officer to stress situations they encounter on patrol such as unconventional shooting positions, shooting from and around vehicles, strong and weak hand only shooting and care under fire. Paraclete provides basic, intermediate and advanced level Tactics, Pistol, Rifle and Medical courses as private training consultants to work in conjunction with your agencies department or ranges approved instructors.
The owner and Lead Instructor, Shawn "Slick" Thornton has prior military, law enforcement and SWAT experience and was a Diplomatic Security Personal Security Specialist assigned to the Worldwide Protective Service; Middle East High Threat Protection Divison. He conducted hundreds of missions in support of the Secretary of State, Special Envoy to the Middle East and President of the United States of America. He was later assigned to Training Manager at the King Abdul Special Operations Training Center in Amman, Jordan where he trained thousands of high threat security personnel. He was also a primary instructor for Triple Canopy and was a lead firearms, tactics and special skills instructor. All Paraclete Consulting Group instructors bring years of experience from US Military Special Operations, Special Forces, SWAT and Private Security Operations.
CCW, Basic, Intermediate, Advanced, Rifle, Shotgun, Active Shooter Response Training, In Home Defense Training, Scenario Based Training, Scenario Based Training (Simunitions, Man Marking Cartridge), Women's Only Courses, Instructor Training Courses, Instructor Coach Training Courses, LEO / MIL / SEC Courses, Seminars / Lectures, Tactical Casualty Care (TCCC / TECC), Security Training & Certification, Other
Firearms and Tactics Related Certifications:
- Dos, O’Gara Group BFFOC Instructor
- Dos, O’Gara Train the Trainer
- Dos, Triple Canopy Inc. Basic Firearms Instructor
- Dos, Triple Canopy Inc CQB Instructor
- Dos, Triple Canopy Inc Protective Ops (PRS) Instructor
- Dos, Triple Canopy Inc Motorcade Operations ( QRF/CAT, Motorcade Operations) Instructor
- O’Gara Group World Wide Personal Protective Service (WPPS) Instructor Dos Bio approved to instruct Basic Firearms, CQB, PRS and Motorcade Operations. Mr. Thornton is certified by the Department of State in Adult Learning Theory, Basic Firearms Instruction, CQB, QRF/CAT, Motorcade Operations and Protective Security Operations.
- Triple Canopy Inc. as a World Wide Personal Protective Service (WPPS) Instructor assigned to the JESTC Training Facility in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Mr. Thornton is Dos Bio approved to instruct Basic Firearms, CQB, PRS and Motorcade Operations. Mr. Thornton is certified by the Department of State in Adult Learning Theory, Basic Firearms Instruction, CQB, QRF/CAT, Motorcade Operations and Protective Security Operations.
- Triple Canopy Inc/12/2005-12/2009 Iraq and Israel In-Country Shift Leader responsible for the instruction of all applications pertaining to WPPS PSS/PRS Security Applications, Motorcade Operations, CQB, Immediate Action Drills, Arrivals and Departures, CAT/QRF Operations, Advance and Site Survey Operations, Threat Recognition/Prevention, Driving and Down Limo Drills.
Law Enforcement Experience:
- Pasadena Police Department Basic, Intermediate, Advance Rifle
- Pasadena Police Department Basic, Intermediate, Advance Pistol
- Pasadena Police Department Less Lethal Munitions
- Pasadena Police Department Field Training Officer
- The Special Emergency Response Team / Team Leader
- Crisis intervention Team
- Field Training Officer
- SWAT /ReACT Team
- Street Crimes Unit
- Criminal Investigations Unit
- Auto TheftCriminal Investigative Division (CID
Students will be required to provide a cancellation notice of no less than 5 business days to receive a refund. Training slots are limited and advanced cancellation notice is required.
Students cancelling a previously scheduled class will have the opportunity to reschedule for a future class or request a refund, provided a five day notice of cancellation was provided.
Students who provide a five day notice of cancellation will be provided a full refund upon request. Failure to provide a five day notice of cancellation will result in no refund. Students who fail to provide a five day notice of cancellation can reschedule for a a future class.