This course is designed for novice through experienced firearms users who want to increase their skills while shooting in diminished light conditions. The course covers principals of low light, basics of how your body processes lighting variations, flashlight types and features, how to carrying, switchology, use of cover integrated with light, and how to use your weapon light and handheld light for target identification and engagement. A handheld light is mandatory. A weapon light is optional.
This course was designed for you to attend with the gear you use everyday. With that being said since we will be working in the dark I have limited how you may carry your handgun to a strong side belt mounted holster, AIWB, IWB, OWB. This is for safety and control. If you are found to be unsafe or ill prepared for this course you will be removed from the course without a refund.
principals of low light, basics of how your body processes lighting variations, flashlight types and features, how to carrying, switchology, use of cover integrated with light, and how to use your weapon light and handheld light for target identification and engagement
Expectations and Outcomes
Studens will be proficient in use of a white light, handheld or weapon light, while using a handgun.
Intermediate, CCW, LEO / MIL / SEC Courses, Specialty Other
The instructor requires a copy of your Government Issued ID once you register.
The instructor requires a copy of your Concealed Carry Weapons permit once you register.
- 3 pistol magazines or speed loaders. MORE IS BETTER
- 500 rounds handgun ammunition.
- Handheld flashlight.
- Quality Holster - belt slide, IWB, paddle holster, drop-leg, are approved types. Strong side only, no cross draw, small or back or ankle holsters.
- Spare batteries for your flashlight
- Eye protection
- Ear protection - electronic ear pro is highly encouraged
- 5 inert training rounds like metal snap caps or the plastic tipped kind. (Mandatory)
- Handgun Weapon light - if using a weapon light your holster must fit it.
- Magazine or speed loader pouch
- Note taking material
- Lanyard or finger ring for handheld light. Very handy item when multitasking with a handgun.
- Pocket clip for handheld light. Makes it easier to access your light under stress.