There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
PWFT Presents the Texas License to Carry course utilizing the USCCA Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals materials.
Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals is a comprehensive course for anyone considering owning or carrying a firearm for self-defense. The course is a complete guide to understanding conflict-avoidance and situational awareness; shooting fundamentals; the physiology of violent encounters; the legal aspects of using deadly force (including knowing what to do in the aftermath); and a guide on gear, gadgets, and ongoing training.
We add to this the current laws of LTC as outlined by the Texas DPS.
Expectations and Outcomes
Successful completion of this course is achieved by a 70% score on the written exam, and a 70% score on the Shooting Proficiency course of fire as required by the Texas Department of Public Safety.
Upon completion, you will receive the required documentation to submit to the Texas DPS as you apply for your License to Carry a Handgun.
CCW, USCCA Courses
You must bring your State Issued ID (typically a driver's license).
The instructor requires a copy of your driver's license once you register.
For the Range you will need:
- A semi-automatic or revolver handgun that you can handle safely and comfortably.
- A minimum of 50 rounds of appropriate ammo. 100 rounds is recommended.
- Ear and eye protection. Prescription glasses are suitable eye protection.
- A hand towel to place your firearm on (or under in cases of high heat).
- A billed cap is strongly recommended but not required.
- Sunscreen is a good idea.