There are no upcoming classes scheduled for this course.
The Gun Laws and Use of Force Seminar is for individuals who want to learn about gun laws within the State of Georgia, how they can affect you as a gun owner, what the term “Use of Force Continuum” means, and how to stay within the legal limits. Learn this and more from Lawyers and Law Enforcement Officers.
- Georgia gun laws
- Where and when you can and cannot legally possess a firearm.
- Laws (and general rules) regarding use of force, up to the use of lethal/deadly force
- When you are legally allowed to use a firearm
- Weapons Carry License vs No Weapons Carry License
- Where can you and can’t you go and do.
- License Requirements and Procedures (CCW - GAWCL)
- Practical information to keep you on the right side of the law. § How to apply and requirements.
- What happens after a self-defense critical incident or shooting?
- Legal ramifications of self-defense incident or shooting.
- Civil ramifications of a self-defense incident or shooting.
- What do you say, who do you call? § What are your rights?
- What not to say.
- Interaction with Law Enforcement Officers
- Clear explanations that separate myth from reality.
- “Terry Stop” vs Critical Incident Situation (self-defense incident)
- Q&A and more...
Expectations and Outcomes
Students will leave with clear understanding of GA Firearms Laws, Use of Deadly Force, and how to interact with Law Enforcement Officers.
CCW, Seminars / Lectures, Specialty Other, USCCA Courses